1987: born in Jackson Hole, Wyoming
1989: learned to ski
2006: started working in my dad's real estate and property management businesses
2006: started college at University of Wyoming
2008: decided I wanted to be a professional investor after reading Rich Dad Poor Dad
2009: discovered my love for reading and learning outside of the classroom
2009: graduated College at University of Wyoming with a degree in Business Finance
2011: married my amazing wife and moved to southern Oregon
2012: started practicing yoga and qi gong
2013: purchased first rental property (house we lived in with second unit in back)
2015: moved to Idaho
2017: had a baby
2019: had another baby
2019 to present: see my now page
What I do for work
I invest in Real Estate
I caught the real estate bug in 2008 and invest in older multiple family dwellings. My wife and I are also looking to purchase profitable vacation rental property.
I work as a sub-contractor for my dad's businesses in Jackson Hole, Wyoming and am currently working on the following:
- creating an operations manual of policies and procedures for vacation rental management, vacation reservations services, and real estate sales including bookkeeping systems
- developing and implementing digital marketing strategies including direct email marketing, database management, website search engine optimization (SEO), Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook Ads
Activities and hobbies that I enjoy
Fresh mountain air or a cold beach's sand waiting for the morning sunrise are my happy places. The sounds of wilderness take me to a place of inner peace. I also enjoy spending time around other people in social environments.
Some of my favorite activities and hobbies include: • camping • hiking • reading • riding bikes • picnicking • watching musical theater • canoeing • fishing • drinking craft beer • journaling • cooking • gardening • chess • skateboarding • eating out • sledding • watching funny movies or television shows • basic website design
Things I'm good at
• giving presentations • selling anything • seeing the bright side of things • teaching • training • being an accountabilibuddy • yoga • qi gong • basic computer operations • networking with other people • skiing • snowboarding • skateboarding • being a dad • being a husband • being a friend • listening • problem solving • physical labor • business development • tax strategy • analyzing real estate investments • starting and building a fire • numbers and data • bookkeeping • seeing and covering details • staging vacation rentals • reading financial statements • reading books • really good at cooking eggs and pretty good at cooking other things
Things I have had success in and awards I have received
- #1 bestselling author on Amazon
- Competent Communicator; Toastmasters International
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Finance; University of Wyoming
People who have influenced me greatly (in no particular order)
- Seth Godin
- Robert Kiyosaki
- Tom Wheelwright
- Ken McElroy
- Kyle Mercer
- Natalie Stawski
- Tim Ferriss
- Robert Helms
- Russell Gray
- Janet Lansbury
- Dr. Shefali Tsabary
- Derek Sivers
- Kyle Wilson
- Chris Martenson
- Adam Taggart
- Sky Denton
- Joel Salatin
- Kim Miller
- Personal Growth: I spend a lot of my time growing personally and learning by reading or listening to books, watching videos, listening to podcasts, meditating, contemplating, and joining together in community with others that are also interested in personal growth.
- Relationships & Community: Building community requires trust and vulnerability. I ask for help and offer help through love. Sharing love and experiences with others is one of my greatest joys.
- Authenticity: Being authentic and trusting my inner truths and allowing all of my feelings to be as they are without putting on a show.
- Abundance Mentality: I am in awe of the world and the amount of opportunity that is available in life.
- Responsibility: I am willing to take responsibility for myself. Complaining, blaming others, criticizing, or making excuses all serve no purpose.
- Respect, Acceptance, and Autonomy: Each individual has their own inner knowing about what is true and right for them. Trying to control others or push opinions is futile. I believe that other people's unique strengths, challenges, chosen path in life, and opinions are to be respected and accepted. There are no dumb questions.
- Conflict: Dodging resistance and conflict may provide an easy way out and appear to help in the short run but it does not prove effective. Facing fears and allowing respectful conflict creates positive change.
- Taking Action and Accountability: Not over-planning or over-talking leads me to greater impact and connection.
More random things about me
- Norah Jones
- Jack Johnson
- Bob Marley
- Jurassic 5
- Tom Petty
- Michael Franti
- The Beatles
- Head and the Heart
- John Mayer
- Jacob Gurevitsch
- James Taylor
- Gregory Alan Isakov
- Desert Dwellers
- Big Wild
My Bucket List
- Float the Grand Canyon
- Visit Singapore
- Visit Polyface Farm in Swope, VA
- Visit Iguazu Falls in Argentina
- See Norah Jones live
- Attend a Yoga retreat in Bali
- Amphitheater Lake